State Laws & Regulations

Each of the states in which we operate – PA, NJ & DE, have state regulations and laws which must be fully complied with. We have provided a brief guide as well as links to the state websites for your reference. We understand that this can be confusing at times and we are more than happy to offer assistance in both understanding these regulations as well as ensuring that your event is in compliance. Most critical is allowing sufficient time, prior to your event, to file all paperwork and get the necessary approvals.

Regulation falls under Pennyslvania Gaming Control Board.
Only fully licensed casinos can operate live cash gaming. You may not play with cash under any circumstances. You may not sell casino chips. You also cannot redeem casino chips for prizes of any sort, not even raffle tickets in the name of a charity. Converting your guests winning chips into raffle tickets is considered a violation of the existing statutes. Guests using raffle tickets that they won during casino play for a chance to win items on a Chinese Auction or any other raffle is also illegal.

In the State of Pennsylvania gambling is defined by 3 elements:
– Consideration: fee you pay for casino chips or to play
– Chance: the cards, the wheels, the dice, the actual games
– Reward: anything you win of value
So as the event organizer, you cannot charge for chips. Additionally, you cannot allow the redemption of guest’s gaming chips for raffle tickets, prizes or anything of value. Bottom line – ” All gaming must be complimentary – no purchase required to play “. The casino games in a fundraiser can only be used as a form of entertainment.

In Delaware, please note we operate under the name of Casino Parties, Inc.
State of Delaware Business License #2014604261
State of Delaware Charitable Gaming License #GV-0000007  VIEW
State Regulations fall under Board of Charitable Gaming. Volunteer fire companies, veterans organizations, religious or charitable organizations, and fraternal societies that have been in existence a minimum of two years may apply for a charitable gaming permit. For an application for a permit go online to the state’s website at

In New Jersey, we are licensed and operate under the name of Casino Parties, Inc.
State of New Jersey Charitable Gaming License #602-21 
Casino party regulations fall under Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission (hereinafter referred to as the LGCCC).
1. The organization must be registered and hold a current registration certificate from the LGCCC. You must be registered with the Charitable Registration Office before obtaining a license with the LGCCC. Note: if your group is already licensed with the LGCCC, please note that there is an expiration date on the certificate. The event must take place before the certificate expires.
2. Present Casino Parties with a copy of the organization’s current registration certificate, along with a completed copy of the “State Certification Form”. Note: Once you have signed a contract with Casino Parties, we have 48 hours with which to file with the LGCCC the State Certification Form.
3. The organization will then receive a Form 13 from Casino Parties. Allow two weeks from the time you send in a copy of your certificate and the State Certification form to receive your Form 13. Please designate whether or not you wish to have the Form 13 sent to the organization’s mailing address, or to an individual’s home address.
4. Present the ORIGINAL registration certificate, along with the Form 13, and the Raffle application to the municipal clerk IN THE MUNICIPALITY in which you are having your event. You will then request a Raffle Application to hold a Casino Night. You will also need a check, payable to the LGCCC in the amount of $100, and another check payable to the municipality, in most cases for the amount of $100. Each municipality has the authority to charge a different amount, as long as it does not exceed $100.
5. The municipality will conduct a police background check on all of the members of the organization listed on the application.
6. The governing body of the municipality will vote to approve or disallow the application. If approved by the governing body, the application is then sent by the municipal clerk to the LGCCC together with the $100 check.
7. If the municipality is not contacted by the LGCCC within 14 days after mailing the application, the municipal clerk may issue the license.
The most up to date rules and regulations for New Jersey as well as all application forms may be found at